My name is Ramon Solé, I was born in Barcelona in 1971 and I live and work in Caldes de Montbui (Barcelona). I’m a classical-trained guitar player, producer and composer with almost 30 years of career. I’ve composed from folk to experimental music, plus all the main pop and rock styles, and I’ve created a lot of instrumentals for stage shows, advertising, radio, exhibitions, popular culture, etc. In the last few years I’ve introduced myself in the avant-garde sounds, thus widening my creative range and incorporating new elements to create unique, distinctive music. I’ve written songs for the Spanish DJ and singer Miqui Puig and worked with musicians of such different styles as Jordi Armengol, Mau Boada, Keco Pujol, Ramon Prats, Txema Riera or the visual artists Helena Pielias and Vicenç Viaplana, among others.
As an enthusiast of art, museum architecture and creative dialogue with other artists and professionals, in 2017 I began researching on sound design for exhibitions. With John Cage and Brian Eno among his points of reference, I incorporate to my work concepts and techniques of multiple genres such as sound art, music for videogames, field recordings, theatre or performance, always with the goal of providing the exhibition with an emotional bond with the audience.
On the other hand, I’ve worked more than 25 years in journalism and this experience has given me the tools to research, create and write contents for exhibitions.
- 5th course of music theory
- 2nd course of harmony
- 1st course of choral chant
- 1st course of music forms
- 6th course of classical guitar with Rafael Sala (title of professional degree at Superior Conservatory of Music of el Liceu, Barcelona)
- Studies of jazz guitar with Toni González
- Degree in Sciences of the Information from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Two songs I wrote have been awarded:
- Winner of the Salitja Song Contest (Girona, Catalonia, 1994) with the band Korrefok and the song Els dissortats.
- Winner of the Èxit song contest, organized by Catalunya Ràdio and TV3 (Catalan national radio & tv) in 1999, with the band Hèrzia and the song Per quan vinguis.
- Coses que passen (AZ Records, 1999). With Hèrzia (produced by Jordi Armengol). Composer, background singer and guitar player
- Escaldàrium (Tram, 2001/Petit Indie 2010/Ball de Diables de Caldes de Montbui, 2018). Composer, guitar player and co-producer
- Hola, ¿qué tal? (inèdit, 2006). With LoLa (produced by Miqui Puig). Composer, background singer and guitar player
- Esto va a ser un éxito (Petit Indie, 2010). With LoLa. Composer, background singer, guitar player and producer
- Em perdono (Petit Indie, 2013). As Solé. Composer, multi-instrumentalist, singer and producer
- ‘Aquest collons de poble’ i altres cançons sobre Caldes de Montbui (Petit Indie, 2014). As Solé. Composer, guitar player, singer and producer
- T’he trobat (single. Petit Indie, 2016). As Solé. Composer, guitar player, singer and producer
- The Listening (2018). As Solé. Composer, guitar player, singer, background singer and producer
- 7 Fragàncies (Coopula, 2019). As Solé. Composer and producer
- Més cançons sobre aquest collons de poble (2019). As Solé. Composer and producer
- Escaldàrium de cambra (Ball de Diables de Caldes de Montbui, 2019). Composer, guitar player and co-producer